Sunday 1 August 2010

Get Funky Challenge 12 - Pockets

It's the start of another month and we are already upto August - where has the year gone?! And because it is the first of the month it is the start of a brand new Get Funky challenge! The winner of the July challenge that I set has already been announced, so pop over and see if you are a winner!

The very stylish Dolly has set the Funky Hand Design Team the challenge of:

Pockets

So here is my contribution! I've made a thank you card for the staff at nursery in preparation for Jacob leaving in early September. I've kept the design quite simple as I have another 9 of these to make as each member of staff who has looked after Jacob and or Samuel at some point or another during their nursery journey will receive one. The staff members who mean a lot to Jacob receive one of these.

I've used a purple card blank, cornered and inked the edges and added faux stitching around the edges and also on the pocket.

The spotty paper is from Colour Me Happy and the black card is from my stash. The pocket has been made from simply gluing the spotty paper down but making sure there is enough room to add the tag. I've added three colour co-ordinated Card Candies underneath the photo.

The tag cut from plain black card from my stash, using a Sizzix dog tag die, with a dotted white gel pen outline around the edge, a bit of ribbon from a Primark hair bobble thing, a matching lilac heart gem and the letters have been cut with a Sizzix Round-a-Bout alphabet die, to which I've added a black outline.

Hope you can join us this month for the Get Funky Challenge and as it's our First Birthday in August, Anice just might have something up her sleeve!

Please remember to follow our rules of one entry per person per challenge and that you must use a Funky Hand element within your project and then to link up your blog page in the comments section so we can all pay you a visit and to see what you've made!

Good luck!

  • Backing papers: Colour Me Happy
  • Dies: Sizzix Round-a-Bout alphabet and Sizzix Dog Tag
  • Everything else: My stash

2 comments:

Thank you for your comment!