Monday 23 August 2010

Free Willy!

Now there's a blog title that is sure to attract unwanted spam attention! Anyway! I've made this card for the Tiddly Inks challenge which is:

Movie Magic: Create a card inspired by your favourite Summer Movie

So I've gone for Free Willy and I've used the freebie image posted on the Paper Craft Planet Group to celebrate 1,800 followers of the Tiddly Inks PCP Group! It's my first time playing along with Tiddly Inks and I have enjoyed myself!

I've coloured the image with my brand new Aqua Markers and have tried to go for a traditional watercolour look. I slightly over did it in places as I had a little 'bleed' but managed to cover it up with some Promarkers. Great product the Aqua Markers - just give them time to dry a little as the results can be quite different!

I've used a blue card blank and found some off-cuts of card in my stash - the printed one is part of a digi scrapbook kit from Alison Sloan called Spring Into Summer and the dark blue is a random bit of card. I've used ribbon from Fantastic Ribbons, added some gems from my stash and have faux stitched onto the card and image.

So there you go - Free Willy! I could have gone for Moby Dick, but that's just as bad title wise!

  • Image: Tiddly Inks, coloured with Aqua Markers and Promarkers
  • Printed Card: Spring Into Summer digi scrapbooking kit from Alison Sloan
  • Ribbon: Fantastic Ribbons
  • Everything else: My stash

4 comments:

  1. Great card with lovely colouring! Thanks for joining us at Tiddly Inks.

    Hugs,
    Larissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute and great job with the Aquamarkers. Thanks for joining the Tiddly Inkers this week! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ruth, I love your sense of humor and this card is wonderful. Love the effect of the Aqua Markers.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!