Saturday 12 January 2013

Get Funky and Craft - Use Up Your Offcuts!

It's my turn to provide some inspiration and to showcase a Funky Hand product over at Get Funky and Craft and I thought that because its a New Year and we all set ourselves (unrealistic!) New Year Resolutions to use the stash that we have, I'd better do what I say, and I've made these cards:


I've actually made a few more than the photo shows, but you get the idea!  I've cut a sheet of A4 card in half to make two cards and used an X Cut facy die for the scalloped bottom edge.  Lightly inked in black around the edge and then added a faux stitched line with a fineliner black pen.

The bunting has been made with offcuts from wordbooks - I get a lot of requests to make the wordbooks and I hate to throw away the bits I cut off especially as at least one side has been printed on.  I simply cut some strips and then measured 2cm for the top of the triangle and then cut!  Layered onto a base colour, glued in place with silicone glue and then added the bows of embroidery thread afterwards.

I also dotted a black spot with a Sharpie marker and then dabbed glossy accents over the top.  The sentiment stamp is a Studio G acrylic 99p set and as I sent very few Christmas cards, I decided that I'd be sending Spring cards instead.  Mainly because I ran out of time (kids had something on nearly every night and each weekend from mid November onwards) and I thought that Spring cards would stay displayed longer!

Although we are no longer setting challenges at Get Funky and Craft, you can still link up and show us your creations with Funky Hand products!

I'd like to enter the following challenges:

Fat Pages With Attitude:  Tag / Sentiment Anything Goes
Hot Shot Crafts:  Clean and Simple
Sweet Pea Stampers:  Clean and Simple and No Embellishments

Papers:  Funky Hand leftovers
Dies:  X Cut fancy die
Stamps:  Studio G acrylic
Everything else:  My stash

8 comments:

  1. Hi Ruth, what a great selection of cards.The shape and the bunting are fab.Great use of your left over bits.Love them.Hope you're okay.Hugs Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty...love the banners!! Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look great and you know I'm always up for using what you have - doesn't mean I do it myself though :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the idea of sending spring cards and these would certainly be a treat to receive. Love the clean and simple design and the use of your scraps. The little bows are super fun. Thanks for joining us at Fat Pages With Attitude this fortnight. I hope we see you again next challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful!. Thank you for joining us at HSC for our CAS challenge

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!