I've had a bit of trouble trying to do flourishes and swirls and it, to be honest, was just not happening, so it ended up being two flowers folded in half with a Queen & Co brad to hold it all together. Plus, as I look at the card again, it goes well with the image! The image was sent to me by Lythan in a recent Funky Hand image swop and I've coloured it with watercolour pencils.
Originally, the background of the card was in a solid colour but it just didn't look right, so to keep to the sketch, I made a frame from rose pearlescent card - the image is layered onto raspberry (which I always thought would be pink but this is purple!) pearlescent card - both cut from huge sheets from The Range.
Fancy edge punch is a Martha Stewart one and I've added some pink grosgrain ribbon just to hide the dodgy edge that I managed not to cut very well!
I hand wrote the sentiment with watercolour pencils as I now need to get cracking on Mothers Day cards!