Thursday 19 February 2009

Penny Black Sketch Challenge # 36

The Penny Black challenge this week is a sketch:

Which I have flipped to create this:


Apologies again for the weird shadows - halogen lights in the kitchen... The image was sent to me by Kath in a recent Funky Hand team image swop which I have coloured with watercolour pencils (and I don't think a particularly good attempt either - there is something that I'm not happy about, but don't know what..) All the papers are off-cuts from word books made with Huge Funky Love download - the taupe coloured backing paper is actually vellum whilst the rest are printed onto thick white card.
All edges have been inked with Chestnut Whispers. The card candy is from Craftwork Cards and the ribbon is from the never ending spool that I bought from Ribbon Oasis. I deliberately left a longer tie on the ribbon towards the bottom of the card, so it gives a sense of gravity. Hehehhe! You know what I mean though, don't you?!

5 comments:

  1. gorgeous card for the sketch Ruth...love the image and your colouring is perfect...better than mine...love how used scraps for your background....thanks for joining in the fun at PBSC again this week....Hugs Kath xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great funky card for the challenge - love the image and macking paper combo. Thanks for joining in the PBSC this week.
    Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card! I love the combo of papers and the colour scheme! Thanks for joining the PB challenge this week!
    Beth xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous colours Ruth and i love that PB image :)
    Got mine done tonight...will be posted tomorrow evening.......last minute as usual!!

    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eeh just fab. Made me realise I didn't get round to doing the challenge this week. How slack am I?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!