Sunday 28 April 2013

Wish You Were Here?!

I'm trying to be really good and use up all the odd sized offcuts of printed papers that I have in my rather large and overflowing shoe box.  The cloud papers (Echo Park Summerday papers) I've had to piece together in the centre (don't look too hard!)  and I've cut down the waves one (Echo Park Splash papers) and printed on the reverse too and used that.

I've added two extra clouds that I cut from the remnants as I wouldn't be able to use them again as they were too small.

The image is From The Heart digi stamps and is called Tropical Chick - its been coloured with Promarkers and then cut out and I've added it to the card with some free thin foam pads that I got in a magazine.

And that's about it!  Wouldn't mind being that chick right now - I could do with a bit of me time and a break!!

I'd like to enter the following challenges:

I Heart Sketches:  Sketch followed
Pumpkin Spice:  Nature
Sweet Stampin':  Anything But Birthday
Word Play Saturday:  Weather


Image:  I Heart Digital Stamps, coloured with Promarkers
Papers:  Echo Park, Summerdays and Splash
Everything else: My stash

8 comments:

  1. This looks great and thanks for joining us over at Sweet Stampin this week
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely fun card you've made from your remnants! The colours are gorgeous and I love that laid back chicken basking under the palm tree!
    Thanks for sharing it with us at Sweet Stampin ' this week.
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The chick does seem to be pretty relaxed. Very fun card - great coloring, papers, and image. Super fun! Hugz!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is super! I really like the layers of waves and pretty pearls!! Thanks for joining our SPS challenge this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a wonderful card but I can not see a birthday sentiment on it you still have time to join in. Thank you for joining us at Aud Sentiments challenge Ginny ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it, Ruth! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week with your beautiful card.

    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! Love the scene you created! Thanks so much for playing along in my word play saturday "weather" challenge. Perfect creation!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!