Sunday 24 June 2012

A Week Late!

My card for my Dad for Fathers Day was a week late as they were visiting my brother and his kids for the weekend. Good job really as I was actually late in making the card! So here it is!

I've used some random card from my stash for the panel and I think some Bazzill cardstock for the base.  The image is from Dustin Pike (was in the mega deal from a few months ago) and I've coloured it with Promarkers plus glossy accents for the eyes.

I've handwritten the sentiment, added faux stitching around the edge of the image, made some fake brads with a Sharpie marker and glossy accents (quick and not in the least bit messy!) and finally used some garden twine for a bloke touch!

I'd like to enter the following challenges:

Dustin Pike:  All Tied Up
Critter Sketch:  Sketch Used
Dream Valley Challenges:  Things With Wings
Robyns Fetish:  No Flowers
Dilly Beans:  Dots

  • Image:  Dustin Pike, coloured with Promarkers
  • Papers:  From my stash
  • Sentiment:  Handwritten
  • Everything else:  My stash

12 comments:

  1. I love this card!!!!!!!!! We've missed you a lot.. I hope you can join us for more great challenges at "Pike's Playground."
    Hugz,
    Gramma

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh lol.. this is fun.. love the dotty DP
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just THE CUTEST!!! Love that image and the DP and the twine is perfect.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is soooo cute, love it, Thanks vfor playing with us at Critter Challenge and good luck. Hugs, Marion

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh wow this is super cute ♥
    Thanks for joining us at DVC
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute image and your coloring is wonderful!!! What a great card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute image and your coloring is wonderful!!! What a great card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is perfect for our challenge at Robyn's Fetish, thanks for sharing it with us!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun, cute card! I think I have that image from Dustin! You did a great job with the sketch, thanks for linking up with us over at Critter Sketch Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the colors and just everything about this card. Thanks for joining in all the fun at "Pike's Playground" hope to see you back very soon.

    TTFN,

    CraftyGirl
    craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute little frog! So glad you joined us at Dilly Beans!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a cute bug and what a neat hand written sentiment. Thanks for joining us at Dream Valley. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!