Friday 1 June 2012

Simply Create Too Challenge 14 MIDWAY EXTRA - Wedding

It's time for the Midway Extra part to the current Simply Create Too challenge!  The theme is:

Weddings

And I'm sharing a card I was asked to make for a Pagan Wedding.  Two of the main colours were white and Cadbury Purple for which I had to buy (just had to!) some ribbon from Meiflower!


I researched some of the symbols and came across the one I've used which represents the Celtic knot which has no beginning or end - the circle of life.  I've used my X Cut fancy dies for all the layered shapes as I wanted something a bit more detailed than a square.

The card is from my stash but originally came from The Paper Mill shop and its a lovely white linen effect perfect for Wedding cards.  I printed the text and added a laced effect to the side of the card as many Pagan Weddings have a binding of the hands theme and also the gowns are brightly coloured and are laced bodices.  Half pearls from my stash.

Good luck with the challenge - there is still time to enter!

I'd like to enter the following challenges:

Crop Stop:  Pretty Pearls
Sarah Hurley Challenges:  New Beginnings
Southern Girls:  Die Cut or Punch
Cooking It Up With Katie:  Celebrate, Ribbon and Die Cut
Fab n Funky:  Celebrations
  • Ribbon:  Meiflower
  • Dies:  X Cut
  • Everything else:  My stash

9 comments:

  1. Super card, love what you have done with the ribbon. Thanks for sharing at Fab'n'Funky this week.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card! Love the lacing. Thanks for playing along with our CropStop Pearl Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohhh it turned out really well! Very clever! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Magnificent in its simplicity, Ruth! Of course, I love the purple and totally understand having to buy ribbon. :-D Thanks so much for playing in our "Celebrate, Ribbon & a Die Cut" challenge at Cooking It Up with Katie. Good luck in the draw.
    NanaConnie DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic card, thanks for joining us over at Sarah Hurley this week.
    C xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the clean and simple design...very classy! Thank you for joining in our CropStop Challenge. Hugs, Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for sharing and joining in the fun at www.CropStop.com!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The lacing down the side is a wonderful touch to this card! Thanks for joining us at CropStop!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing your card with us....pearls for CropStop! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!