Friday 8 June 2012

Simply Create Too Challenge 15 - Dad's / Father's Day

It's time for another Simply Create Too challenge!  And with Father's Day just around the corner, the theme for the next two weeks is:

Dad's / Father's Day

I've used a digi image by Gordon Fraser - bought from here - and coloured it with Promarkers.  It's been cut out and I've made a double stepper card with an old Get Funky freebie cloud paper plus some greens from my stash.  I've actually used a Marianne Creatables icicle die but to me it looks a lot like grass when used the other way up!



I've got an Ellison die that has the little golf ball on so I cut that out a number of times and added them to the grass.  The word 'Dad' has been cut with my Sizzix Round A Bout alphabet dies and I made the golf flag (the word fore is crossed out and a 50 added).  This is for my brothers' girlfriends Dad and I hope he likes it!

Good luck with the Simply Create Too challenge - for more details on how to enter, pop over to the blog!

I'd like to enter the following challenges:

CRAFT Challenge:  Male
Digi Doodle Shops Best:  Male Card
Dutch Dare:  For Dad
Little Miss Muffet:  Rainbows, Clouds or Wings
Paper Crafting Journey:  Colour It Up
SJ Crafts:  All About The Boy
  • Image:  Gordon Fraser, coloured with Promarkers
  • Printed Paper:  Retired freebie from Get Funky
  • Dies:  Marianne Creatables, Ellison and Sizzix
  • Everything else:  My stash

10 comments:

  1. Fab card .. i love all the little balls in the rough!
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card - it's a fab creation. Thank you for joining us at C.R.A.F.T. this week. Jeanette

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrific card Ruth, love how you used a step card! Thanks for joining the Digi Doodle Shop Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great fathersday card! Love the way you did the grass with that die!! And love the image too! Thanks for sharing at Little Miss Muffet. Good luck in the challenge and hope to see you again soon. Hugs, Frea DT Member LMM Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, you have a golfer too, great card, awesome job on the design. Thanks for sharing at DDCC.
    Lisa:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh what a gorgeous image. I just love it! Your super colouring skills have really bought it to life.
    Great to see you at CRAFT this week. Hope we see you again soon.
    Hugs Sheryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card ! Love how you have create the grass and tennis balls.
    Thanks for joining Digi Doodle Shop Challenge.
    Hugs Berit

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful card, love all the grass, thank you for joining us at The Digi Doodle Shop Challenge this week
    Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenges this time with your super card. what a great layout you have chosen

    Good luck

    Sylvia x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great dimensional grass there! Good luck with the challenge over at S J Crafts!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!