Monday 25 August 2008

Stamp Something Challenge - Birthday & I've Gone Minty!!

The making of this card for the Stamp Something Challenge coincided with a brand new download from Funky Hand called Minty Madness!! And as minty chocolate (especially mint creme eggs, which, incidentally, they do not make any more grrrr) is my favourite (close second are root beer jelly beans) then you can start to understand how pleased I was to try out the papers!

Onto the challenge, which is:

You are to create something that could be given for a birthday(card, invitation, present, etc), something that would be seen at a birthday(party favor, centerpiece, cake...) or something that reminds you of birthdays in general.


Now this could be for a Birthday Party invite (beach party!) or for a Birthday Card. Personally, I like the idea of a Beach Party invite!

I've used the new Funky Hand Minty Madness downloaded papers (you will be seeing more of these this week!) which have been highlighted with black ink. Eyelets (perfect colour match) from the stash Kath sent me and the ribbon (again another perfect match although the camera has lied a little) and daisy brad from my stash. The stamped daisy is to represent a tattoo and the necklace detail adds a bit of bling!

And yes, the card has a behind!

  • Papers: Minty Madness download from Funky Hand
  • Stamps: Studio G daisy stamp
  • Ribbon: From my stash and no doubt originally Blackburn market!
  • Embellishments: Eyelets from Kath, Dovecraft daisy brad, silver seed beads

6 comments:

  1. That is the most brilliant thing I have seen in ages! Well done you! How did you some up with the idea?
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun fun card...just love it
    Kath
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute -- Love the design! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is a great card very novel
    Chrissy

    ReplyDelete
  5. TEEHEE!! This is darling!! I still haven't made one of these just yet, but I love them!!! Top AND bottoms! Thanks for playing along!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!