Monday 25 October 2010

Spooky Doorhanger!

I don't really send Halloween cards but I do enjoy making them (think its the goth in me!) so when I saw the By The Cute and Girly challenge for October which is:

Spooky!

I decided to make a doorhanger instead. Because it is my latest craze too! I've used a cardboard template, drawn round it onto some pretty thick sort of pearlescent black card (not got a clue where it came from as it found it in my A4 card box!)

I've inked it with silver ink which I've had for ages and not really used (shame on me!) and the letters have been cut with my Sizzix Round-a-Bout die set and then put through a Cuttlebug embossing folder.
The image is from Bugaboo and I've coloured him with Promarkers and added him to the doorhanger with foam pads. I think I'll be making more of these in the future when my boys get old enough! Mind you, Jacob can be a right stroppy little git at times!

  • Dies: Sizzix Round-a-Bout alphabet
  • Embossing: Cuttlebug
  • Image: Bugaboo, coloured with Promarkers
  • Everything else: My stash

2 comments:

  1. This is great Ruth, like you, I don't 'do' halloween but I love all that funky stuff that goes with it, and I am a long way from being a goth!!!
    big hugs
    En xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That doorhanger is full of spookyness and fun. Hope you have a great Halloween and Thank you for entering the BTC&G Spooky challenge.
    Geraldine

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!