Thursday 24 July 2008

Tilda & Co Challenge 29 'It's A Bugs Life!'

I promised some more challenge entries earlier in the week, and this post is the first of two. I now have some Tilda stamped images and after watching Samuel painting with his watercolours on Sunday, I thought 'I can do that'!! So I dug out my trusty watercolour set (last used when at college in errr, cough, 1990) and got going!!

So, the challenge is:

"bugs"
Please show us in your work insects, ants, ladybugs, you name it if its a little creepy bug then show it off this week!

I was really pleased with how this image turned out, and then decided to try and find some backing paper to go with it. Fortunately, I already had printed this one from Vicki's blog - from the Berri-licious collection, teamed it with a paper from the Dovecraft Charcoal Prints Paper pack and I had some left over laminated sheets which I trimmed, rounded the edges and also used.

The dragonfly brads are from Lakeland and hide the glue marks well (I was a bit cack handed with it!) and the perfectly matching gems also hide them at the bottom! Ribbon - 10p bargain bundle from Blackburn market!

5 comments:

  1. Ooh!! I love the colours on this.. so different and rich looking, with some LUSH ribbon!! :o)

    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card Ruth - love that background paper and great work with your image and of course, the delicious ribbon...
    Hugs
    kath
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've been busy this week Ruth, lots of fabby stuff to look at, love them all, especially the dancing xmas trees x

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colours are stunning! Fabulous card

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a lovely card, and such beautifully painted tilda! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!