I did try some masking with stamps but it went very wrong so decided to do something digitally using one of the monsters from the Little Monsters download collection from Polkadoodles. I used a free editing software and overlaid one of the papers from the collection then 'rubbed out' elements - his horns, eyes, arms and legs.
I've then coloured these with Promarkers for a bit of depth. The blue papers are also from the download bundle and I've added a star bunting die cut plus half pearls, cocktail stick and handwritten sentiment.
Edited to add - the free software is Be Funky and I used the layers bit and 'rubbed' out the bits I wanted to stay white. Just have a play around!
Good luck with the challenge!
Stampavie and More: Something Blue