Saturday 13 June 2009

Geometric Patterns

The Creative Card Crew challenge this week is:

Geometric Patterns

So here are two Fathers Day cards which use the same templates and papers, just in a slightly different way. I've taken my inspiration from a recent papercraft magazine (I can't remember which one as I get around 4 - well, subscribe to 1 and then sort of find myself buying the others!!)
Basically, its a 5inch square card that I have cut a corner off, covered with either plain blue paper or DCWV Retro 6x6 paper and I've made the tie template myself and then covered them with the same paper from the pack. Edges have been lightly inked and then doodled, and the sentiment I've handwritten, simply because I'd forgotten to print it off through the computer before I started!



These are really simple and easy cards to make and really, you could add your own template to the front.
  • Backing paper: Blue, from my stash; Patterned - DCWV Retro 6x6 paper pack
  • Template: My own
  • Sentiment: Handwritten

6 comments:

  1. wow..wow...wow....loving this one....fabulous design and love the papers...may be borrowing this idea...Big Hugs Kath xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW this is absolutely awesome, gorgeous layout, love the ties, and the papers are fabulous. Thanks for joining us this week. Joey.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto toKath's comments. These are definitely striking cards and your ties look fab & funky. Brilliant idea.

    Lou
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOWZER! They certainly do not look easy they look amazing - such a creative idea! Lovig the papers you have used they are fantastic
    thank you for joining in the Creative Card Crew challenge
    love tasha xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome card!!! Super clever and so cool!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fantastic card! Love all about it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!