Saturday 20 June 2009

Gardening

The Cupcake challenge this week is:

"As it's getting close to Fathers Day I thought a Fathers Day card would be appropriate, but there's a slight twist in that it has to be more than a card. You can interpret that any way you want to. If it's not Fathers Day in your neck of the woods then a card for a Man (any man) will do."

I'd already made my Dad's Fathers Day card, so had to think of something else! Nikky had sent the Polkadoodle DT some sheets of her Freddies Friends and Stackies and I wanted to make something with them and decided that this would be the perfect challenge!


I've used virtually all the elements from the Friends sheet and have layered them up according to the very easy step by step instructions. I've mounted the sentiment and topper onto some very shiny green card that I found in my stash to keep with the gardening theme.

The pocket is a cello card bag which I have stuck to the back of the topper but have left the opening free so the items inside can be either taken out or added to easily - I've included a packet of seeds, some plant tags, garden twine and also gardening wire.

There are lots of layers to the sheet so the finished piece looks really effective! I've had limited experience of decoupage in the past but these sheets are pre cut - you simply pop them out and away you go!

9 comments:

  1. great card Ruth love the image
    AllisonX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome creation and a great gift idea with the seeds etc. Thanks for joining us at CCC.

    Liza x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow what a fab creation. I love all the dimension, that must have taken you ages (and a steady hand) to cut out. Thanks for joining us at CCC this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!!!!! Beautiful 3D-card!!!

    Saskia :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ruth, this si just gorgeous and so different, i love the 3d parts they come up so high so they must stand out really well...

    I love how you have added some seeds, a really nice touch...

    Thanks for joining us at cupcake, hugs pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving this idea with the seeds. And you must have a new record in layering :p Thanks for joining us at CCC this week :)

    Hugs Ida

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow! Look at all those layers! How fun! Congrats on the top 5 win.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is WAY too cute! I love it! Congrats on the Top 5, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your card and well done on being in the top 5.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!