Sunday 19 May 2013

Just For You!

I am feeling rather pleased with myself with this card!  I've magically managed to use up some really strange offcuts - strange in the sense that they were odd shapes to use!  I've used offcuts from a Christmas card I made some months ago with the Santa Baby Wordbook and Paper pack downloads from Funky Hand.

I've used the strip offcuts from the wordbook as the main background and then the spotty ones are the papers.  The grass was cut with a Marianne Creatables die - it is supposed to be icicles but I use it for grass all the time!

The image is from From The Heart stamps - its part of the monthly progressive challenge - and I've coloured it with Promarkers plus watercolour pencils for the background.

I found the flowers and brad in my stash (they were lying on the table!) and I handwrote the sentiment.

It's been an exciting day today - needless to say I've been out of the house for 12 hours karting and yes, another trophy was won by Samuel!

I'd like to enter the following challenges:

Cards In Envy:  Sketch followed
I Heart Sketches:  Monthly challenge
Dream Valley Challenges:  Animals
Robyns Fetish:  4 Legged Friends


Image:  From The Heart Stamps, coloured with Promarkers
Papers:  Santa Baby downloads from Funky Hand
Dies:  Marianne Creatables
Sentiment:  Handwritten
Everything else: My Stash

7 comments:

  1. Lovely card and layout thanks for joining us at Robyn's fetish four legged challenge good luck cheers Sue N x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That little mouse is adorable. Love the icicles/grass - very clever. Thank you for joining us at Cards in Envy! ~ Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card! I love the little mouse and the pretty colors you used. Thanks for joining us at Cards in Envy!
    ~sandy
    visit my blog @ sandy's crafty creations

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! Your card was chosen as one of the Top Three for our Sketch #4 Challenge at Cards in Envy! Please grab our Top Three Badge on our blog to proudly display on your blog!
    ~Sandy, Cards in Envy Challenge Host

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how cute is that mouse?! Just adorable! I love your papers, too; and I have that Marianne die, but I never thought to use it for grass! Thanks for a great idea, and thanks also for joining in at Dream Valley!

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is totally sweet. Love the grass border and your layout.

    Thanks for joining us @ Delightful Inspirations {from the heart}

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your card. Its so cute.
    Thanks for joining us at Dream Valley challenges.

    Liv.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!