Tuesday 8 June 2010

You Need It For When?!!

I've been asked to make an 18th Birthday Party Photo Album for one of the staff at nursery (I feel really really old when they are that young!) and they need it by Thursday....!!

The brief is, pink, silver and black. So in need of some inspiration I've turned to a few current challenges, and so far I've completed 2 of the 18 (yes 18!) pages....

For the first, I've used the Sketch Girl sketch:


The same sketch is repeated as a mirror image on the reverse of the page. And for page 2 I've used the sketch from Moving Along With The Times:
I've used 300gsm smooth white card as the album base, doodled a line around the edges and for the printed papers I've used Pinkie Pops from Funky Fairy. The silver card is from my stash, and as luck would have it, I had 3 balls of what is technically termed fibres (wool) that matched the colours perfectly!
I've added markers as to where the photos should be placed just so it all looks right in the end.
So only another 16 pages - double sided - to go!! So watch out for more sketch challenges over the next 2 days! Good job I've booked tomorrow off work otherwise I'd really be burning the midnight oil!
  • Printed papers: Pinkie Pops by Funky Fairy
  • Dies: Spellbinder Nestabilities
  • Everything else: My stash

5 comments:

  1. wow thats a challege!! I am sure you will do it ....... you are so good at this, the pages so far look just fab!! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGoodness guess you are gonna be a busy bee!!! Good luck with the other 16 pages. These 2 look great, Thanks for joining in with us on MAWTT this week, Hazelxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Better get cracking!! Good job you like to stay busy eh?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous Card! Thanks for taking part this week over at MAWTT, good luck, hugs Heidi (DT) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are just sooo sweet to make this for someone! What a job, hope you find time to sleep :>) Great way to use the sketch from SG! Glad to see you playing along again.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!