Friday 17 July 2009

Polkadoodle Challenge 9 - Tropical Birdies

And yes, it's Friday again! So it's Polkadoodle time again! This week the DT were asked to use the Tropical Birdies download and we could make anything we wanted!

I've had a bit of a busy week - I've made 110 Order of Services', 10 Table Names and a Table Plan for the first Wedding, which is tomorrow! And because of all the printing, I ran out of ink so was a bit limited as to what I could make for this challenge.


Anyway, I've used a card blank, doodled a line around the edge (I finally bought a really thin nibbed black pen!) and printed the leaves from the download onto various coloured card. The birdie I reduced in size and coloured him in with felt tips - because I'd printed him off I couldn't use waterbased paints or pencils as the lines would bleed. I've chalked the leaves and the base card and the branch (as by now my ink had completely run out and I had to wait 4 days for stocks to arrive!) is made from some jute string I had on the table from a previous project. So there you have it - quick and easy!

If you want to join in on this weeks challenge, you'll need to use the Tropical Birdies download - click here and to follow the sketch set on the Challenge Blog. And! there is a fab prize this week not only for the winner, but also something for a first timer for Polkadoodles!

Plus, there are a few rule changes - but for the better! The entry time has been extended, so when a new challenge is set on the Friday, you now how until the following Sunday to enter. For instance, this week, you have until Sunday 26 July at 12noon GMT to enter, this gives you just over a week and includes two weekends. And you can combine the Polkadoodle challenge with upto 4 others. All good stuff eh?!

  • All elements: Tropical Birdies download

1 comment:

Thank you for your comment!