Tuesday 5 February 2013

Bedside Manner and Some News!

I can finally reveal my good news!  I've been asked to join the small but perfectly formed Design Team for Dr Digi!!  And I've accepted the position and I am Girl Tuesday!  So every Tuesday at 10am GMT come hail, rain, shine or snow (its hailing and lightning really really hard whilst I write this!) I'll be blogging something from Dr Digi!

And to start it off, here is Night Nurse Nina with her most favoured expression.  It's one of those looks that can be applied in almost any clinical situation.  Especially if she's holding a rather large needle.  And yes, she's been heard to say, in a rather bored and patronising voice, 'it's only a little scratch' whilst jabbing the flabby white rear end of a poor male patient.  And hiding her smirk.

And Nina can be all yours too for the princely sum of a quid!  Yes one whole pound!  And she's worth every penny!!  Click here to go and buy!!

I've coloured her with Promarkers and then cut her out.  I made the clipboard from an old manilla folder - I hate to throw anything away (as I know I will be able to use it some day!) and added a a sheet of paper from Jacob's notebook - he's not noticed so I aint telling him!  I've roughed it up a little with ink plus some rolling and ripping.  I've added the critical red line and then stamped the sentiment with a little wooden Studio G alpha set.  And the clippy bit at the top are offcuts of gold card and I've used a tool thing to indent the lines.

So hope you enjoyed my first post and don't forget to come back next Tuesday for another peak at the genius of Dr Digi!  Or check out the blog - something new every day (or nearly!)  Don't forget to subscribe to the newsletter - miss it and miss out!

I'd like to enter the following challenges:

Lady Anne Challenges:  Anything Goes
My Grafico:  Anything Goes
365 Day Cards:  Day 35 - Top Trends (graph paper!)
A Gem of a Challenge:  Gingham or Checks
Sweet Pea Stampers:  Clean and Simple and No Embellishments

Image:  Night Nurse Nina from Dr Digi, coloured with Promarkers
Sentiment:  Studio G wooden alpha stamps
Everything else:  My stash 

9 comments:

  1. huge congrats ruth! you go girl tuesday!!! and its a fba make too!! love the clipboard!!
    huge hugs Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely wonderful! Love the clipboard/chart background!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too cute...love the clip board shape! Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant card. Not sure I'd want her coming near me with that needle!!! Thanks for taking part in the Sweet Pea Stampers Challenge this month and best of luck. We hope to see you back again very soon. Best wishes, Kym, Sweet Pea Stampers Design Team xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous news to go along with your fabulous card! CONGRATS RUTH.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card, thanks for joining in our challenge at A Gem of a Challenge and good luck,
    Hugs Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  7. Big congrats to you, Ruth! :^)
    And love this super-fun clipboard. Great image, love your coloring and fab design, especially with your paper background! :^) (Great story, too!) :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!