Wednesday 27 May 2009

What I Sent - Silkie Sue Swop

And here is what I sent to Nicola as part of the Silkie Sue Freestyle Swop.

I made a set of generic notelets and matching thank you cards. All backing papers are from the Patti Picklicious cd and I've used some lovely cream felt card.

I rounded all the edges and inked them with the exception of the dotty cards which have not been inked, but I've lightly doodled around the edges. The titchy alphas are also from the cd.


And its really surprising that I had ribbon to match each colour collection that I used!



On the dotty thank you's, I've added two rows of silver seed beads for a little bit of texture and a focal point.


And below, I've made the sentiment from the titchy alphas.


On the more ornate backing designs, I've used ribbon and pearl headed pins - two different sizes of pins with seed beads.



The co-ordinating colours both print onto one A4 sheet and as I only used an almost A6 size for each panel, I have some left overs. But not for all as made a few schoolgirl mistakes (like inking the wrong bits with the wrong ink....)
I've some sympathy cards to make and I feel that the more ornate papers are suitable and probably will use the pins, beads and ribbon too.


Oh how I like this cd!!
And I hope Nicola likes them too!!


7 comments:

  1. wow I bet she was over the moon to receive these,
    They are super
    Hugs
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, mrs! :o) Nicola cannot fail to like them.. They're lovely. So original.

    Thank you for your message on my blog. Famous last words, been meaning for ages to drop you a line! I am well, thank you. Hope things are tickety-boo chez Ruth? I see you've been on your hols.

    Saw a documentary recently about a Castle Hotel... in Taunton, and I wondered if it was your Castle, but now I know it wasn't.

    Anyway, hope you had a fab time, and this isn't really the place to rabbit, so I'll stop now!! ;o)

    Big hugs to you,
    Chris xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely and nice selection of colours
    AllisoNX

    ReplyDelete
  4. How elegant they all look and what a fab array of colours too!

    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blinking marvellous, ribbon woman. Ribbon in every shade eh? I can never find the right shade when I need ribbon. Clearly I don't have nearly enough of the stuff and should go shopping right now!

    Love your cards made with Patti papers. They are kewl! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are clean simple yet very `stylish` TFS:) love those pins!:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love love, love my cards they're gorgeous and everyone who's recieved them adores them!
    Nicola xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!