Thursday 7 November 2019

Sparkles and Skates

I've made a cute pillow box out of a sheet of kraft card - and I used a fancy circle punch on each of the ends so that it can be opened easily (you just can't see it on the photos) but a good idea is to use the punch before gluing the sides together!


To cut the tag, I've used the largest die from Posydoodles Basics Tags die and I've used some of the very sparkly white glitter card that I've had in my stash for probably 10 years.


Next up, I cut two of the Ice Skates die from off-cuts of kraft card - I cut two for extra strength as its going to hang over the edge of the tag and I don't want it to bend or get damaged


From an off-cut of silver card, I've cut the skate blades and also the bow - I always keep all my off-cuts unless they are ridiculously tiny, because you never know when you'll need them!


When assembled, it will look something like this:


I added the tag to the box with some white organza ribbon I had in my stash and found a gem (stuck to the side of my die cutting machine, of all things!) and added that to the centre of the bow - plus it covered up the join rather nicely!


A great quick tag and gift box!

1 comment:

Thank you for your comment!