Saturday 10 November 2012

Quick 40

This will be a rather quick post as I'm feeling a bit ropey and once again, its been a hectic day!  The card I am sharing (and being part of A Card A Day group - I'm hoping (everything crossed) that I can do all of November and December!!) today is a very quick make and a bargain too!

It's a Ready to Print Square Card kit from The Clip Art Fairy and it was a bargain at 15p!!  But be quick the closing down sale is only on until the end of November.  I've printed it directly onto my linen effect white card (The Papermill), added the sentiment and did a bit of glittering (around the edge of the card and also the number) with some stickles and added three pearls to balance the card.

I've had the pearls for absolute ages and actually forgot I had them as was looking for something else at the time!  So that was a nice surprise!

And another nice surprise for today was that Jacob's football team won their first match of the season this morning!  They've moved indoors (yeah - no more muddy fields and sub-zero temps on a Saturday morning!) and onto astro turf which they train on so they are more used to it.  They won either 9-2 or 10-2 - we're not sure as we were that chuffed they won!!  It's been a long time coming as they are a really good gelled team that pass to each other and have two good goalies (one being Jacob who also plays in defense).

I'd like to enter the following challenges:

365 Day Cards:  Day 253 - Thrift Thursday
Lady Anne's Challenges:  Sentiment
Crafty Catz:  Anything Goes
Pattie's Creations:  Birthday
Raise The Bar:  Birthday
Totally Papercrafts:  Cute and Girly


Card Kit:  The Clip Art Fairy
Dies:  Spellbinder Nestabilities
Pearls:  My stash  


7 comments:

  1. Sometimes we all need quick cards and this is fab.. hope you feel better soon
    lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed cute! Love the soft colors
    Thanks for joining us at 365cards!
    ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun b-day card! Thanks for playing along with us at Raise the Bar!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! I love the colour combo - pink, black and white is always so stylish

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super card, thanks for playing along with our Anything goes challenge at CRAFTY CATZ x carol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet creation :) Thank you for joining us at Friday Sentiments.

    I invite you to share at the ANYTHING GOES chalenge here: http://pinandtack.blogspot.com/2012/11/spark-your-creativity-now-challenge-3.html

    Lots of joy,
    Corrinne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how sweet! I just turned the big 41 so this one definitely made me giggle. ;) Thank you so much for joining in on our birthday challenge this week at Raise The Bar!
    ~*Joni RTB DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!