Thursday 9 June 2011

Green Monster

I've never managed before to join in with a Kathy's Waffle Sketch file and finally I have!! This card took a bit of planning in my head before I committed myself but it was perfectly clear what I was going to use as soon as I saw the image! The digi image is from Jellypark and it can be yours for the bargain price of £1.25! I've coloured it with Promarkers.

All the papers are from Funky Hand - Craft The Year Away cd and I've used random buttons tied up with thin green satin ribbon plus brads and snaps around the edge of the image. I've also added some tiny green seed beads too from Natty Netty.

A few dots of liquid pearls here and there and the card is complete!

It also fits the following challenges:

Incy Wincy: Tic Tac Toe - my line is diagonal - brads, ribbon and something green
The Crafty Pad: Stripes (I won last week's challenge - thank you!!)
House of Gilli: Buttons
Tuesday Throwdown: Animals
My Time To Craft: Wildlife
Creative Craft World: 3 or more brads (I've used 7)

  • Papers: Craft The Year Away from Funky Hand
  • Image: Jellypark, coloured with Promarkers
  • Everything else: My stash

15 comments:

  1. What a FAB monster card, Ruth - those papers are perfect with the image.
    Thank you for using The Sketch File (May sketch) for your card - and good luck for our prize draw!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your take on the sketch! Love your buttons too! Great Stripes! Thanks for playing at The crafty Pad again this week for our Stripes Challenge!
    Good Luck
    Hugs
    Dawn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiya Ruth, I love this one, funky and fun - your colouring looks great too.
    big hugs
    En xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great :)

    Thank you for joining us at Incy Wincy Designs this week :)

    Have a wonderful day
    Heather
    please come and visit my blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super sweet card and just perfect for our 'things with tails' challenge this week...thanks for joining in the fun with us at Cupcake :) Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun is this! Adorable image, and I love that great button frame! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Tuesday Throwdown! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love the dino - what a sweet card - thanks for using Kathy's May sketch for your design.

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful bright card.
    Thanks for joining us again at Creative Craft World for our 3 or more brads challenge.
    Choccy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab card, I love the circle of brads and buttons.

    Thanks for taking part in our challenge on Creative Craft World.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab card, and great image. Thanks for joining Incy Wincy Tic Tac Toe (and even more thanks for saying which line you'd done as it is a real help!) Love your card, and those little dots around the image! You have a lot of patience! (ps love your profile pic - really arty!) Annette xx (Incy Wincy DT)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Ruth, what a fun card. I love the cute image and your papers are beautiful. Thanks for joining us at cupcake craft challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your dino card is great Ruth. Thanks for taking part in our May challenge at Kathy's Waffle.

    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. A great fun card Ruth,your design is brilliant ! It is perfect for our Nature Reserve challenge this week at MTTCC and thank-you for joining us x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely card! Congrats on your win last week, and thanks for playing in the STRIPES challenge at THE CRAFTY PAD this time around. Hugs, Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  15. He certainly looks a bit wild... super card!
    Thanks so much for joining in our Wildlife Reserve challenge at My Time to Craft this week!
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!