Friday 3 April 2009

A Gift - Forever Friends

The challenge this week on Forever Friends is to:

Make a gift for someone


I cannot claim all the credit for this - it was very much inspired by Kath's generosity on Sunday - see here - but it was made as a gift for someone! I was struggling what to make for the heart swop and as soon as I saw the little folder Kath had made, I knew I'd be ok!

You'll have to check back later in the week to see what the folder holds - I can't reveal all yet, not until I know it has arrived at its destination!

Anyway, I used an A4 sheet of red slightly textured card to make the folder. Scored all the folds and then inked with black Whispers. The inside will show more detail. I used two heart eyelets and threaded the ribbon through before tying it in a bow.

The tag has been cut from the largest Sizzix Scallop tag combo die and from translucent vellum. The Forever Friends image has been coloured with watercolour pencils and quite a bit of red glitter glue!

  • Cardstock: From my stash
  • Image: Forever Friends, coloured with watercolour pencils and red glitter glue
  • Die: Sizzix Scallop Tag combo
  • Ribbon & eyelets: From my stash

4 comments:

  1. Love this card Ruth, hope you have a great weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh that's lovely and can't wait to see what is inside
    AllisonX

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's fab, I really like your colouring

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant, thanks for joining the FF challenge this week
    Wendy x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!