Tuesday 14 February 2012

Cheap Earring!

Here is a rather quick valentine card I made. Paper is from I Heart You download collection from Funky Hand and I've used my Cuttlebug D'Vine Swirls embossing folder for a bit of texture. The lettering is Cuttlebug Baby Face alphabet dies and I've added a very blingy and cheap earring that I bought with Jacob (that shopping trip a few years ago - he does like looking for bargains with me!)


The ribbon is I think upholstery trimmings and I got it from the Scrap store ages ago.

I'd like to enter the following challenges:

Card Positioning Systems
: 5th Anniversary, Day 8
Crafty Cardmakers: Monochrome Magic
Lexi's Creations: Love
Unstampabelles: Recycling (heart earring and fabric trim)

  • Paper: I Heart You download from Funky Hand
  • Dies: Cuttlebug D'Vine Swirls embossing folder, Cuttlebug Baby Face alphabet dies
  • Everything else: My stash

9 comments:

  1. Yummy colours! A great card and good use of a useless item (one earring!)- thanks for joining us at Unstampabelles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful card Ruth.
    Many thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers this week
    Doreen xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a fabulous Valentine card.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Cardmakers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic way to recycle an earring. Pretty card. Thanks for joining in our recycle challenge at Unstampabelles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh lol.. now come clean .. that earring is your fave that you wear on a saturday night !!
    Only joking .. a fab way to use it.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  6. How creative and effective is that. Love the pink and what a clever use of an ear-ring.

    Thanks for joining us at Unstampabelles this month.

    Monica

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute take on the sketch. Love the glittery heart! Thanks for playing the CPS anniversary sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nicely done and good job with the earring! Thanks for joining us at unstampabelles this month. Olivia-guest DT.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute card! And I love that ribbon...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!