Monday, 4 June 2012

Rush Job for 90

Here is a rather quick card I made!  My cousin Claire asked me to make it with a much smaller amount of notice than usual (I generally get a list for the whole year!) but I quite like how it came out although it sort of wasn't going to end up like that when I pictured it in my head!



I used the Case Study card for inspiration - I generally used the layout as I already wanted to use these fab Happy Happy Birthday cd papers from Funky Hand.

I've used my fab X Cut dies for the stars plus my Sizzix Round A Bout alphabet for the numbers (almost stuck them on as 60!)  Doodled a running stitch line around the papers, stars and numbers and then added glossy accents over the numbers.  I was going to use glitter and then forgot, hence the glossy accents.

And the sentiment is one I found lying around on the table already ready to go!

I'd like to enter the following challenges:

Case Study:  Case the Card (I went with the layout)
Incy Wincy Designs:  Blue and Black with Sentiment for a Male
Love To Create:  Special Guy
365 Cards - Day 96 - ABC's and 123's

  • Papers:  Happy Happy Birthday cd from Funky Hand
  • Dies:  Sizzix Round A Bout alphabet, X Cut stars
  • Everything else:  My stash

11 comments:

  1. Oh this is fabulous ... i love the DP and the stars
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to the lucky 90 year old who gets this beautiful card thanks for playing at Incy Wincy this week good hugs Nikki C & DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! It's really for someone 90? Cool! It makes me want to celebrate too! Thanks for playing with us over on CASE Study :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the stars, thanks for joining us at 365 Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is lovely and so well made for a quick card. I love this colour its so rich .great work Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card for a 90th birthday! The blue papers all work so well together. Thanks for joining us this week at CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful!!! Fab design for a birthday card and 90 yrs to top it off! Thanks for joining us at Love to Create Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card
    Thank you for playing along at Incy Wincy this week
    Love Jan
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super Birthday Card, thanks for sharing with us over at Love to Create. Big hugs JO xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for joining us at Love to Create Challenge. Love the color of the card!

    Hugs,
    krista
    www.kristadesign.nl
    DT member Love to Create Challenge

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!